Statement of Faith
As a movement of Presence, we adhere to the same statement of faith, which is supported by all the Board of Directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and youth leaders of Presence. We believe in all of the following:
- The Unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture; as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the Fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sins, solely through the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God who is man’s only Representative and Substitute.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead, and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ the Lord to the Saved, and the eternal punishment of the unsaved.
- The indwelling of the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The only Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The certain expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Marriage as an exclusive legal union between a genetic male and genetic female.